Focaccia Bread with Leeks
Published on November 30, 2016 | By FYL |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 pizza dough, store bought (room temperature
- Plastic wrap
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup ham, small diced
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Brush deep round cake pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle the sides and bottom of the pan with cornmeal.
- With the dough at room temperature, knead and roll into a circle.
- Place into the pan, stretching and pressing out to the edges, so that it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the ham and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Gently dimple the dough with your fingers, pressing the leek and ham mixture into the dough. Sprinkle with the salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Servings : 8
- Recipe Type : Appetizer