Tuna-Stuffed Avocado With Basil and Bell Peppers
Published on August 11, 2017 | By FYL |
- Prep Time
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- ½ C fresh basil leaves, rough chopped
- ¼ C red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ C green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh from the pitted area, leaving some in to keep the shell still formed.
- Place the scooped avocado into a mixing bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the olive oil and the drained tuna meat and roughly mix together. Add the basil, bell peppers, and lime juice to the mixing bowl. Stir all together until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the tuna filling into the avocado shells. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Divide onto 2 plates. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Serve as appetizers with crusty bread for dipping or as a light lunch on a bed of spinach.
- Servings : 2
- Recipe Type : Side Dish