Balsamic and Mustard Chicken Thigh Casserole
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 500g/1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 green peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- Pour 1 Tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil on the bottom of a slow cooker. Place boneless, skinless chicken thighs over the olive oil. Pour balsamic vinegar, grain mustard, Dijon mustard, tomato purée and sugar over the chicken. Sprinkle with sea salt and add the mushrooms and green peppers.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until very tender. Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the parsley and tarragon. Spoon the remainder of the olive oil over the cooked chicken.
- Great served wholegrain rice or quinoa