Charred Flank Steak With Peroni Beer Marinade
Published on August 2, 2017 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Cook Time
- 2 bottles Peroni beer (pale lager)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried marjoram
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 lb flank steak
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 bottle of Peroni beer, extra virgin olive oil, onions, garlic, oregano, marjoram, and the zest and juice of the limes and orange. Add the flank steak, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Preheat grill to high heat and allow meat to sit at room temperature 20 minutes before cooking. Remove meat and pat dry.
- Place the meat on a hot grill. Cook to medium-rare, turning regularly.
- Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade in a saucepan. Add 1 bottle beer and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Skim the foam from the surface and let the mixture reduce by half, about 20 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Strain through a sieve into a bowl and keep warm. Add the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place meat on a serving dish and spoon the warm marinade over the meat before serving. Great served with baked potatoes and a side salad.