A great recipe for a dinner party as it can be prepared in advance. Serve with buttered noodles and a green vegetable of your choice for a balanced and delicious meal!
Chicken and mustard casserole
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 300g/12 oz brown cap mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsps. fresh tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. Place the chicken thighs in an oven proof casserole dish. Wash the mushrooms and roughly chop them. Add to the casserole dish.
- Place the olive oil, tomato ketchup, mustards, brown sugar, Worcester sauce and vinegar in a small bowl. Crush the garlic and add to the bowl. Mix the ingredients together and pour over the chicken.
- Cook for 90 minutes. Chop the fresh tarragon and scatter over the chicken just before serving.
- Note that you do not need to add salt and pepper as the sauce ingredients are already seasoned.