Chicken Parmesan Soup
Published on November 23, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinless and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz cooked penne pasta
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crusty bread (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil, then add the chicken breast, and cook on low heat.
- Add the onion and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Leave to cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes more, until the pasta is cooked through.
- Just before serving, mix in the Parmesan and mozzarella to melt slightly.
- Evenly ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread. Swirl with more extra virgin olive oil.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Lunch