Chicken Sausage Bake With Seed Crumb Crust
Published on August 3, 2017 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Cook Time
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 C onion, chopped
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut in 1 pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut in 1 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 12 oz precooked chicken sausage
- ¼ C chopped Italian parsley
- For the crust :
- 8 oz bread crumbs
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz pumpkin seeds
- 8 oz sunflower seeds
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage, and chopped parsley. Heat through. Transfer to a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- For the crust, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Sprinkle the seed crumb crust evenly over the sausage and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.