Chunky Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
Published on November 23, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 sweet potatoes, skin on and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 14-oz can black beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion, turkey, chili powder, and taco seasoning. Stir together.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and stir to keep the turkey from sticking.
- When the turkey is browned and crumbled and the onions are soft, remove from the pan and set to the side.
- Using the same pan, add the diced sweet potatoes, garlic, black beans, and the rest of the broth.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return the browned turkey mixture back to the pan and stir together.
- Bring back to a low boil for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Dinner