A simple recipe which tastes ‘oh so good’. Do make sure the frying pan is hot before cooking the steaks so that the steak is seared correctly.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 x 150g/6 oz beef steaks
- 60 ml/1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil plus extra to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 300g/12 oz rocket
- 50g/2 oz parmesan cheese
- Brush the steaks with one tablespoon of oil; sprinkle with the peppercorns and dried mixed herbs to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over high heat. When hot, add the steaks and sear quickly for 1-2 minutes each side (this will be rare so cook for longer if you prefer your steak less rare). Set the steaks aside to rest. Reserve the pan juices and combine with the remaining oil and vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt.
- Place the rocket on a flat serving dish. Slice the steaks into thin strips and arrange on top of the rocket. Drizzle over the dressing. Thinly slice the parmesan and scatter over the steak.