Garden Herb Sausage Potato Pie
Published on November 30, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parchment paper
- 12 oz ground sausage
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (chives, basil, parsley work well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb raw shredded potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese, plus a little more to add the last 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line a pie pan with parchment paper and brush with some of the extra virgin olive oil.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil and brown the sausage until cooked and crumbled. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shredded potatoes, Gruyère cheese, and the cooked sausage. Mix together.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pie pan
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes until set.
- Remove foil and turn up oven to 450º F. Top with more Gruyère cheese.
- Put back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown and firm
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Dinner