Goat’s Cheese and Olive Baked Mushrooms Serve As An Appetizer
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tsp black olive tapenade
- 4 large slices goat’s cheese (4 oz/100g)
- Chopped fresh basil
- 4 sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 200oC/400oF. Remove the mushroom stalks. Spread the mushrooms with the tapenade and place a slice of goat’s cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Scatter with fresh basil and sundried tomatoes.
- Serve on a large platter and swirl with more extra virgin olive oil.
- Great appetizer, served warm or a perfect vegetarian meal served with brown rice and a green salad.