Linguine With Clams
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) linguine
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 pound of clams, scrubbed
- 1 Tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14-0z.) can whole San Marzano tomatoes in juice, juice reserved and tomatoes coarsely chopped
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large sauté pan, heat ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly gold.
- Add clams and the red pepper flakes, and continue sautéing for 1 minute.
- Add wine, tomatoes and the juice, ½ cup of parsley, and simmer uncovered until clams open, around 7-8 minutes.
- Save ½ cup of cooking pasta water for later use. Drain pasta and add to the pan. Simmer tossing occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add some of the cooking water to moisten the pasta.
- Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of parsley and the rest of the extra virgin Olive Oil. Toss to coat.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm.