Olive Oil Apple Oat Granola
Published on November 30, 2016 | By FYL |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Parchment paper
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1 small apple, cored and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Line a 10 x 15 baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, brown sugar, flaxseed, shredded apple, and salt. Mix well
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the extra virgin olive oil, honey, and vanilla, stirring continuously until blended and warmed through.
- Gently pour the extra virgin olive oil mixture over the oat mixture. Stir well.
- Evenly spread the mixture out onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the 300º F oven for 35 minutes until browned and slightly crispy.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Break into small clusters
- Store in an airtight container. Can keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Servings : 12
- Recipe Type : Side Dish