Olive Oil Citrus Sugar Cookies
Published on August 4, 2017 | By FYL |
- Cook Time
- 2¼ C all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ C granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 small orange
- 1/3C Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, orange zest, and olive oil and mix with a spatula until it forms a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients until just incorporated. You should have a soft, oily dough.
- Fill a small dish with more granulated sugar. Scoop dough by the tablespoonful into balls and roll in sugar to coat. Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet, 2" apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until tops are puffed, cracked, and begin to turn light brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Best eaten on the same day they are made!
- Servings : 32
- Recipe Type : Side Dish