Olive Oil, Poppy Seed and Lime Bites
- Prep Time
- 2 C all-purpose brown flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 C powdered almonds
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C brown sugar, plus more for rolling
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the almonds, lime zest and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, poppy seeds and olive oil and mix with a spatula until it forms a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just incorporated. You should have soft, oily dough.
- Fill a small dish with more brown sugar. Scoop dough by the tablespoonful into balls and roll in sugar to coat.
- Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until tops are puffed, cracked and begin to turn light brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Best eaten on the same day they are made!