Pappardelle With Mushroom Ragú
Published on June 1, 2021 | In Other | By Flavor Of Life |
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) pappardelle pasta or any pasta ribbons
- 1 ½ pound mixed mushrooms (such as porcini, cremini, oyster, shiitake, or maitake), stems removed and sliced
- 5 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp thyme, freshly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- armigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated for serving
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a medium-large sauté pan. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the water from the mushrooms has evaporated, for about 9 minutes.
- Add the wine, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Reduce to medium heat. Cook for another 5 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain the pasta and save ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the mushrooms sauce and toss well.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley. Mix well to coat the pasta evenly. Continue cooking over high heat for 1 minute. Add some pasta water if needed.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary. Toss well.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the pasta.
- Serve immediately.