Pasta Alla Carbonara With Pancetta
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) rigatoni
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ pound of pancetta, diced
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed by the package.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheese, and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large sauté pan previously heated over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta to the pan and toss until well mixed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg and cheese mixture. Toss thoroughly until everything is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve warm.