1 pound (500 g) short pasta, such as penne or fusilli
Pasta Primavera with Shrimp
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) short pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 6 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 10 oz. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped basil
- Red pepper flakes (for serving; optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot, adding the garlic, salt and pepper.
- 5 minutes before the pasta is fully cooked, stir in the broccoli and green beans. Cover pot and return to boil for 5 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, peas, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir, cover, and continue cooking until shrimp and pasta are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon zest and the cheese. Toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve pasta in bowls and top with basil, red pepper flakes, and additional cheese.