Penne with Pesto
Published on June 1, 2021 | In Other | By Flavor Of Life |
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) penne
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, washed
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a food processor add the basil leaves, garlic, and pine nuts. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil gradually while the processor is running. Process until smooth.
- Transfer pesto to a medium-size bowl and add the freshly grated parmesan.
- Drain pasta saving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid for later use.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pesto. Toss while adding the reserved cooking liquid slowly until all the pasta is evenly coated with the pesto sauce.
- Serve warm.