Pepperoni Baked Beans
Published on August 7, 2017 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Cook Time
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 oz pepperoni slices, chopped
- 10-oz can tomato soup (classic soup, not condensed)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large stockpot, add the beans and bay leaves. Cover with water. Boil for a few minutes and let them soak for 1 hour off the heat. Drain and rinse beans.
- Return beans and bay leaves to the stockpot, cover again with fresh water, and continue cooking for about 60 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions, cooking until soft. Add the chopped pepperoni and stir.
- When the beans are cooked, drain and add to the pepperoni mixture. Add the can of tomato soup and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and bake for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the surface has browned and the beans have thickened. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve as a side dish with grilled meats, burgers, or sausages.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Side Dish