Pork Chops w Cabbage and Red Grapes
Published on November 30, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small white cabbage, shredded
- 4 ½-inch thick pork chops
- 4 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and one-half (1 cup) of the extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Put the shredded cabbage in the slow cooker and pour over half of the mustard mixture.
- Season the pork chops with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the pork chops and brown on both sides. Put the seared chops on top of the cabbage in the slow cooker.
- Using the same saucepan, add the sliced onions and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Put the soft onions on top of the pork chops. Add the bay leaf and the rest of the mustard mixture.
- Top with the red grapes.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Before serving, remove the bay leaf.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Dinner