A light dessert which is full of flavour! Serve with Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
Roasted apricots with star anise, thyme and toasted sunflower seeds
Published on December 17, 2020 | In Other | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 12 ripe apricots , cut in half and stone removed
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of ½ large orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 star anise
- Toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 C. Place the olive oil, salt, honey, orange juice, thyme and star anise in a small saucepan and warm through gently until the honey is liquid. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the star anise to infuse in the mixture.
- Place the apricots in a baking dish with the cut side facing upper most. Remove the star anise from the olive oil mix and pour over the apricots.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until the apricots are cooked through and beginning to bubble. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to warm or room temperature.
- To prepare the toasted sunflower seeds:
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the sunflower seeds together with a pinch of cinnamon. Cook, stirring constantly until the seeds are toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the apricots with Greek yogurt and scatter over the toasted sunflower seeds.