A middle Eastern inspired salad which is perfect for sharing!
Roasted carrot and quinoa salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 4 large carrots, washed and well-scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons Extravirgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g quinoa
- 50g/2 oz feta cheese
- 50g/2 oz fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 25g/1 oz toasted pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 100 ml/1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ preserved lemon, flesh removed and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Extravirgin olive oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Cut the carrots into fine batons. Place on a baking tray. Drizzle over the Extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over the cumin seeds and the cinnamon. Use a spatula to ensure each baton is coated with the olive oil and spices.
- Roast the carrots for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- During this time, cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. Drain and rinse thoroughly once it is cooked. Place the quinoa on a flat salad platter. Cut the feta cheese into small cubes and fork through the quinoa, together with the pomegranate seeds, chopped mint and pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the roasted carrots on top of the quinoa.
- To make the dressing: In a blender, blend together the Greek yogurt, preserved lemon, olive oil and garlic. Season to taste (the preserved lemon is quite salty so you might not need to add any additional salt). Drizzle the dressing over the carrots.