Roasted Tomato Carrot and Kale Soup
Published on November 30, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- 1 lb carrots, chopped
- ½ white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 handfuls kale, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, toss together carrots, onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are a dark-roast color and soft to touch, remove from oven.
- In a saucepan, heat the broth. Set aside
- In a food processor or blender, puree the roasted vegetables with the smoked paprika, adding the hot broth to create a smooth soupy consistency (make sure you scrape off and include all of the crispy roasted pieces and olive oil from the baking sheet).
- Return the pureed soup to the saucepan on low heat. Add a few handfuls of chopped kale and simmer covered for 10 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Divide into soup bowls and swirl each serving with extra virgin olive oil.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Appetizer