Spaghetti Squash Caprese
Published on November 30, 2016 | By Flavor Of Life |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2 lb tomatoes, halved
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Drizzle each half of spaghetti squash lightly with some of the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halves cut side down in a baking dish
- Bake the spaghetti squash for 35-40 minutes, until tender. To check if it is ready, slide a paring knife into the squash and if it glides in easily, it is ready. If there is resistance, it needs more time to cook.
- When done, leave spaghetti squash cool to the touch.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash with a fork. Set aside
- Save the squash outer shells for serving.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the garlic, stirring so it does not brown, cooking about 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook just until they begin to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the spaghetti squash and combine.
- Take off of the heat and add in the fresh mozzarella
- Stir gently until the mozzarella begins to melt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon back into the squash shells
- Top with fresh basil and the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Dinner