Spaghetti with garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (aglio e Olio)
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- ½ pound (250 g) of regular or whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2-3 Tbs parsley, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a frying pan, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil gently. Add the garlic and chili flakes to the frying pan and cook until the garlic turns slightly golden. Be careful to not burn the garlic, as this would give it a strong bitter flavor.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir well to coat with oil.
- Drain pasta and add it to the frying pan. Add salt as needed. Stir until everything is coated in oil.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.