Spaghetti with Kalamata Olives and Capers
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- 1 pound (500 g) of spaghetti
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 14 oz. crushed canned tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp red chili flakes
- 4-5 oz. Kalamata sliced olives
- 1 Tbs capers, drained
- 2-3 Tbs of chopped parsley
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Cook pasta as directed by package.
- Drain pasta and save 1/3 to ½ cups of the cooking water for later use.
- Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until slightly golden and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, chili flakes, olives, and capers. Mix well
- Add the cooking water to the tomato mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss the cooked pasta and parsley. Cook for 2 more minutes or until sauce thickens a bit.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top. Serve warm.
- Servings : 6
- Course : Dinner